This was a cute and pleasant experience! I made a video with my thoughts and commentary. Keep up the great work!
Heart Of My Exploration
A downloadable game for Windows
The journey of a cute little turtle through a forest.
Our submission for the Global Game Jam 2019
== CREDITS ==
- Valentin Viguier - Lead Programmer (email@example.com)
- Pierre Bor - Game Designer, Programmer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Antoine Combes - Game Designer, Programmer (email@example.com)
- Emmanuelle Aurela - Lead Artist, Chara Modeling, Rigging, Animation, VFX (emmanuelleaurla.artstation.com - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Romain Oltra - Environments, Props Modeling, Shading/Texturing, Lighting, Post-Process (artstation.com/imanor - email@example.com)
- Léa Leroy - Props Modeling, Rigging, Animation, Texturing, UI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarah-Myriam Madi - 2D Art, Props Modeling, Texturing, Sound-Design (artstation.com/sarah_myriam_madi - email@example.com)
- Camille Arnoux - Chara Modeling, Animation, Props Modeling, Texturing, Lighting (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Authors||Imanor, Nej_Illjuna, Nereyde, EmmaARL, Sarah-Myriam Madi|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||3D, Cute, Forest, Global Game Jam, Low-poly, Singleplayer, Unreal Engine, Walking simulator|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
Unzip and run JAM.exe
Keyboard controls :
- ZQSD : Move
- Space : Jump
- LCtrl : Crouch
- E : Use
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi ! Thanks a lot for giving attention to our game ! Indeed it was our first game jam as well as our first game and we're aware of all the weird and quirky stuff about it that you pointed out in your video. But we're very glad you enjoyed it anyway !
About the weird keyboard layout, ZQSD is actually our WASD on our french AZERTY layout and yeah we didn't think about offering an alternative (and didn't quite had time too to be honest) so sorry about that.
By the way the part where you tried to pronounce our names was hilarious haha !
Thanks for the reply! I never knew that about the French keyboard layout! I'm also always happy to (unintentionally) pronounce things completely wrong for the entertainment of others! :D
Yeah, that keyboard layout is also my main concern. I use the 'Central European' QWERTZ' layout, so I'm quite used to switching it to English whenever someone makes a "Z X C" kind of controls, but for this game, I specifically had to install the French keyboard in order to try the game out. I can't imagine what it is like in France to play games which don't allow you to customise the controls…
Other than that, it's a nice interesting game, well done!